About The Opportunity
Careys have a reputation for delivering some of the most prestigious civil engineering, infrastructure and public realm projects within the M25. Most contractors shy away from projects with the size/scale, complexity and logistical challenges we take on. Our packages span infrastructure, hard/soft landscaping and groundworks, with typical values of £1m-20m. In joining Careys you will also have the opportunity to gain exposure and up-skill across a diverse range of projects, including basements, sub and super-structures.
This role would suit both experienced Project Engineers and Senior Engineers ready to take the next step. Commencing on civils project within London (I.e., hard landscaping, groundworks, infrastructure), you will help transform outdoor spaces by bringing to life creative and complex landscape designs supported by our clients, including principal contractors and developers.
As Project Engineer, you will act as a technical and operational advisor for your project, providing value engineering expertise in working closely with the Project and Construction Managers whilst coaching/mentoring Engineers at all levels. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your strengths as a Project Engineer, whilst gaining support from Careys as you work towards achieving your career aspirations.
- HSES: Solid understanding, practice and promotion of HSSQ policies and procedures, in alignment with the Safe Home Every Day (SHED) programme.
- Project & Team Management: Manage multiple sub-contract packages; leading, mentoring and developing the project’s engineering team; Assisting the Project Manager.
- Engineering Systems, Controls & Methods: Enable efficient procurement of materials, plant and subcontractors; IRS production and monitoring; Propose innovations in surveying techniques and methods.
- Temporary/Permanent Works Design & Co-ordination: TWC capability; Design management/co-ordination, interfacing with our in-house design team, consultants and PC.
- Construction Methodology: Produce and suggest improvements to construction methodology/value engineering
- Programming, Planning & Commercial: Developing ability to produce, maintain and report on programme of works; Commercial support and developing understanding on cost reviews, pricing variations, NCRs and remedial processes.
- Quality Management: ITPs, NCR, RFI, As-built management etc
As a Project Engineer you have a flair for technical complexity and detail, coupled with a core motivation to engage with, communicate, innovate and inspire the teams around you.
- Demonstrable experience with a hard landscaping/groundworks/infrastructure specialist contractor.
- A higher level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering (preferable).
- In depth knowledge of temporary works (ideally TW certified)
- Enthusiasm, drive and professionalism in leading your team and representing Careys with clients.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare, life assurance and car allowance.
- 26 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Private, family business with a strong social purpose and respectful culture
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/appl...