About The Opportunity
A unique opportunity awaits a digital modelling expert with an understanding of BIM processes and standards. Working as part of our in-house design team, your role will support the site team(s) working on live projects to meet BIM requirements as specified by the client and to unlock efficiencies through the use of digital technology.
This is not your standard BIM Technician role- Careys are going above and beyond industry standards to not only deliver on but exceed client expectations in the digital modelling space. This is a hugely varied role, calling for a self-professed tech-guru who is willing to build upon and adapt their skills to include BIM As Built 3D models, point cloud data and 4D modelling.
Initial Project: Careys are delivering a basement construction and superstructure build of a six-story building within central London. Working as specialist sub-contractor, this is a 67-week programme with an anticipated end date of June 2022. Given the scale of the project, you will provide dedicated support to the site team throughout the programme of works. This will also require you to be based on-site (Westminster, central London) as required.
- Production of well organised and structured 3D Revit As Built models based on the structural designer 3D model and surveys from our site engineering team
- Name and number BIM Models in accordance with BIM Execution Plans
- Deliver the specified ‘As built’ BIM models prior to concealment and/or practical completion of the works in the required file format as specified in the BIM Execution plans
- Check and review work in progress BIM Models against other Project Team BIM Models before issuing to the ‘common data’ environment
- Process point cloud scans and produce As Built heat map analysis, showing deviations
- Co-ordination and integration of models from a variety of sources, working closely with the site team and client BIM representatives.
- Regularly update BIM models to reflect material/component selections or variations from those selected at design/tender stage as specified in the BIM Execution Plan
- Seek-out and learn new 3D BIM related software and methods that add value to the project
- Assist the Planner with 4D modelling requirements
- Attend BIM coordination meetings
- Continuously carry out clash, discrepancy, inaccuracy detection throughout the project delivery
- Experienced in 3D modelling and a good understanding of BIM processes and standards
- Experience of working with point clouds (support can be provided if required)
- Excellent skills in digital modelling using a variety of software, preferably Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and Recap Pro or similar
- A general understanding of construction methods
- Builds relationships with ease, with the ability to negotiate confidently and challenge where appropriate
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills –planning, prioritising and managing workload within a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel/work remotely and across sites
- Responds positively and readily adapts to an evolving work environment, remaining confident and calm under pressure
- Problem solver- confidently identifies and articulates problems, presenting effective solutions and setting clear expectations and defined outcomes for self and others
- Mindset of continuous improvement; keeps up-to-date with software and technology developments
- 40hour week. Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Agile working arrangement (home/site/office)
- 26 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Private, family business with a strong social purpose and respectful culture
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Supported CPD training
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Careys Design Team offer leading edge services across our Construction Engineering and Digital Engineering disciplines. We provide Construction Process Design for large projects that require engineering solutions that are optimised against a fast and economic programme. We provide Temporary Works Design to allow these designs to be carried out; and we simulate using Construction Animations and advanced Building Information Modelling.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
Applications close Monday, 22nd Feb.
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/appl...