About The Opportunity
Careys have a reputation for delivering some of the most prestigious civil engineering, infrastructure and public realm projects within the M25. Most contractors shy away from projects with the size/scale, complexity and logistical challenges we take on. Our ‘civils’ packages span infrastructure, hard/soft landscaping and groundworks, with typical values of £1m-20m. In joining Careys you would also have the opportunity to gain exposure and up-skill across a diverse range of projects, including basements, sub and super-structures.
This role would suit both experienced Project Managers as well as Project Engineers ready to take the next step. Commencing on civils project within London (I.e., hard landscaping, groundworks, infrastructure), you will help transform outdoor spaces by bringing to life creative and complex landscape designs supported by our clients, including principal contractors and developers.
- Provide leadership to the project construction team, ensuring works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with all respective licence, agreements and consents.
- Management of the project budget to build and contract administration in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor
- Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and project reporting
- Direct employee and sub-contractor management inc. Surfacing, paving, waterproofing contractors.
- Liaising with a range of built environment professionals i.e. Designers, Engineers, Architects
- Designing and managing the construction programme to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule
- Organisation and management of temporary works
This role is best suited to a collaborative and influential leader, with demonstrable project management skills developed with a civil engineering contractor;
- Demonstrable experience with a civils I.e. hard landscaping/groundworks/infrastructure specialist contractor.
- Successful delivery of projects over the value of £2m.
- A higher-level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering (preferable).
- Enthusiasm, drive and professionalism in leading your team and representing Careys with clients.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare, life assurance and car allowance.
- 26 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
- Private, family business with a strong social purpose and respectful culture
- You’ll be joining a brilliant team who are lots of fun, have a wealth of knowledge to learn from and will always keep you challenged!
Carey Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/appl...