About The Opportunity
Are you a HSEQ specialist looking for a role where you can truly partner with your operational teams on a variety of interesting civil engineering projects?
As Regional HSEQ Advisor with Careys, each day will be different from the next as you work across multiple projects within London and the South East to enable, support and guide the operational teams’ management of HSEQ on our projects. Reporting to the Regional HSEQ Manager, this is an opportunity to work as part of a two-person team, building relationships and becoming a true HSEQ partner with our operational leaders, clients, authorities and project stakeholders.
Your role would include;
- Development, training and continuous improvement interface with operational leaders and teams. Our strategy for delivering a positive health, safety, and wellbeing culture of continual improvement is encapsulated in our behavioural safety programme, Safe Home Every Day (SHED), which goes beyond compliance into best practice.
- Quality/compliance and reporting - Monitor HSEQ performance across regional projects, against HSEQ strategy, KPIs, policy & procedures and legislation.
This role is best suited to a highly collaborative and influential HSEQ champion and specialist who has a strong sense of, and enjoys being part of, a team. A hands-on, leader-by-example, who is willing to jump in and roll up their sleeves to assist operational teams with first-hand HSEQ knowledge and expertise. An effective communicator who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns.
A NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health OR NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) is a minimum requirement for this role. You will also have demonstrable experience (minimum 2 years) within a similar role, ideally within the civil engineering/construction industry as well as;
- Excellent knowledge of HSE legislation, best practice and genuine interest in HSEQ & sustainability in the built environment
- Confident and an approachable ‘people person’ who demonstrates humility, vulnerability, low ego and a sense of humour. Involves others in decision-making, building consensus rather than making decisions alone
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills – a proactive self-starter who can plan, prioritise and manage their workload within a fast-paced and changeable environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel/work remotely and across sites
- Mindset of continuous improvement; keeps up-to-date with HSEQ developments and new methodologies in workplace safety
- Agile working arrangement (home/site/office). This role requires the ability to work across multiple sites simultaneously within the London and South-East region in partnership with the Regional HSEQ Manager.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare and car allowance.
- 26 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Private, family business with a strong social purpose and respectful culture
- Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't always tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights into some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here – https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
Or for further information and/or a copy of the full job description please contact Emma Woodall, Resourcing Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org