About The Opportunity
Join an experienced site team as Site Engineer, starting on a live traditional build terraced housing and apartment scheme within central Dublin. This is a permanent role which could see you work on further projects across Ireland and/or our operations in the UK.
Initial Project: A large scale multi-contract social housing scheme (56 units - 2/3 story Houses & 4 Story Apartments) from foundations through construction and handover. We have approx. 8 months to run on our programme, with 1st and 2nd fix trades and civils work hard & landscaping (including drainage) still to be done.
As sole Engineer on this project, your main focus will be on setting out/dimensional control inc. use of GPS, total station & automatic levels. As such, strong experience in this area, preferably on building projects, is required. Reporting to the Project Manager, and working closely alongside the Project’s leadership team, other responsibilities will include;
- Health & Safety, Environment and Sustainability understanding, inc. acceptable practice (CDMs & RAMS) and behaviours
- Proactive and effective workforce engagement with the site team inc. subcontractor supervision
- Procurement, monitoring and recording of materials, plant and logistics
- Implementing QA procedures including M&E sign off, drainage testing, concrete pre/post pour checks & compiling subcontractor snag lists
- Record keeping and reporting inc. compiling information for O&M manuals, as built drawings
- Programme, scope of works and commercial team interface
- An Honours or Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, accredited by the ICE (preferred)
- (or) BTEC level 4/ HNC in Civil Engineering as a minimum; other Built environment degrees or Level 4/5 qualifications will be considered
- Site-based, 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Careys Building & Civil Engineering delivers an extensive range of engineering, build and construction services for public and private sector clients across the Republic and Northern Ireland.
Our extensive experience in civil engineering - leading the delivery on a range of projects covering substructures, enabling and infrastructure, landscaping and superstructure packages; to building houses - including social housing and luxury apartments in a range of sizes and styles; has seen us successfully deliver wide-ranging projects for host of clients across Ireland, including councils, state owned utilities providers, and some of the world’s most famous brands.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application her https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
...or contact Brian O’Regan, Senior Contracts Manager on email@example.com for more information