About The Opportunity
BDL Dry Lining are looking to expand their team of Site Supervisors, working as part of our residential/housing division who deliver traditional new build residential housing/flat schemes for all major house builders. Schemes range from 50 to 500 units, and as Site Supervisor you would oversee and work across several live sites (typically 1-3) within either the M3, M4 or M23 corridor.
This role will suit someone with Dry Lining/fit out or relevant trade Supervisory experience who is looking to join a dynamic and reputable company. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, your responsibilities include;
- Ensure work is carried out safely, to the correct standard, specification, programme and budget.
- Successful co-ordination of project teams through collaboration with client and sub-contract managers, to oversee, measure and ultimately achieve project deliverables.
- Proactive and effective workforce engagement and leadership of the site team inc. subcontractor supervision, recruitment and onboarding.
- Plan and control all deliveries/collections of materials, plant and equipment.
- Quality assurance through regular site audits/inspections and ensuring queries and site buildability issues are raised and actioned.
- Record keeping and reporting inc. HSEQ and toolbox talks
- Support the Contracts Manager in producing, overseeing and monitoring adherence to the Construction Programme to secure programme dates and milestones.
This role is best suited to a collaborative and influential leader, with the communication skills to engage and motivate site operatives to deliver projects. To be considered, you must hold the following qualifications/certifications;
- CSCS Card (Gold or Black)
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- NVQ Level 3 or higher (in relevant trade)
Demonstrable experience as a Dry Lining Site Supervisor on residential projects is preferred, however, we would also welcome applicants with supervisory experience within a similar role/trade. Success within this role stems from skills/attributes such as;
- Proactive self-starters, who responds positively and readily adapts to an evolving and fast-paced environment, remaining confident and calm under pressure.
- Quality focussed- precise and detail oriented, both when completing own work and in overseeing the work of others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills –planning, prioritising and managing multiple sites within a fast-paced and changeable environment.
- Working knowledge of MS office applications.
- 47.5 hour week. Monday – Friday, 07.30am to 5.30pm
- 26 days holiday per annum plus 8 days Bank Holidays
- Competitive benefits package (inc. pension, healthcare)
- Commercial vehicle and fuel card or car allowance
BDL is one of the largest specialist dry lining contractors in the UK with a turnover in the region of £75m and a workforce of around 900 skilled operatives. The company was established in 1977 and became part of the Carey Group in September 2013.
We provide a range of dry lining services and turn-key washroom fit outs to clients in London and the South East, covering both residential and commercial developments. Our extensive portfolio of work includes internationally recognised landmarks and a range of developments for the UK's largest house builders and developers.
We have a real team ethos in BDL based on honesty, respect and integrity which has enabled us to retain, develop and advance our people who are loyal, experienced and committed to the cause. We expect high standards, take pride in what we do and care about what we deliver. Our 'can-do' attitude towards our work and supportive approach enables people to excel in their roles. Many of our staff have been with us over 15 years, which is a good reflection of the strength of our culture.
Carey Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How To Apply
We believe that CVs don't tell us much about you. Because of this, we'd like to invite your insights to some specific questions relating to this role. You can access these questions and submit your application here https://app.beapplied.com/appl...
...or contact Vinny Walker, Construction Director on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 406834 for more information.