Our history in Milton Keynes stems back further than the establishment of our office in 1983. The Carey Group were instrumental in the 1970’s ‘Milton Keynes Master Plan’ where we began our first contract in 1972 helping with the construction of 300 new homes in the town.
The office grew over the decades and was redeveloped in 2014 to create a more modern, agile work place and has not only delivered a range of local projects, but a series of high-profile projects across central England for a variety of high-profile clients:
Six years ago, the Careys Civil Engineering Regional Safety Leadership Team identified a skills gap within the construction industry, from this our first training academy was formed at our office in Milton Keynes and is now one of several ‘centres of excellence’ that we have throughout the Group.
This well-established facility provides internal training for employees throughout the Carey Group. Operatives attending courses are trained by fellow Careys employees and supervisors and are then assessed to measure their competence.
Courses currently available at the training academy in Milton Keynes include:
The training academy has provided the Group with a valuable and unique learning tool, helping employees to upskill and ensure we become #BetterEveryDay.
The Milton Keyes office is also home to a team of skilled engineers and staff with a range of expertise that offer specialised services that includes:
- Groundworks: an extensive history of delivering prestigious groundworks – including enabling and infrastructure contracts - to the highest standards of quality.
- Basements: long-standing expertise in the completion of a range of substructures and basements, successfully completing the design and build of both single and multi-storey basements for both residential and commercial developments.
- Concrete frames: extensive experience successfully completing some of the UK's most challenging superstructure projects. From high-rise buildings to our extensive portfolio of slipform and jumpformed structures, our teams ensure exceptional standards of safety and quality on all our projects.
- Civil engineering: a proven track record of delivering projects that enhance the built and natural environments, communities and infrastructure.
- Retail: a wealth of retail experience, gained from a 20-year relationship with Sainsbury’s, that includes construction of new stores, maintenance and development of existing retail property and construction of their store car parks.
The team at Milton Keynes live by our Group values of quality, integrity and loyalty, which are made clear from the way we work, the construction challenges we overcome and the solutions we engineer for our clients. Everything we do begins with the words on our Group banner - 'we care'. We care about our people and our clients and how we work with them, ensuring we do our best by them.